Rules of Entry
- The Professional categories of Tiptree World Bread Awards with Food is GREAT are open to all producers of bread sold commercially.
- The Home-Baker category is only open to amateur bakers. For the purposes of this competition, ‘amateur’ refers to a competitor who is entering an item that is not produced for commercial gain.
- Cost per entry for all categories in the Tiptree World Bread Awards with Food is GREAT is $65 for the first entry, this includes one ticket to the Awards Evening Reception on October 30 in New York.
- Subsequent bread entries will cost $25 per entry.
- Further tickets for the Awards Evening Reception will be available for purchase online and cost $40 per additional ticket.
- Entries must comply with the criteria for the category in which they are applying
- Baked pastries and goods often referred to as Viennoise are not eligible.
Such items are usually made from laminated and enriched (with eggs, milk, butter, cream, sugar) yeast leavened dough or pastry. Examples include croissants, pain au chocolat, pain aux raisins, Danish pastries
- Entries must comply with health and food hygiene standards and be safe for sampling by the Judges
- The bread must not contain any identifying marks and will be judged on plain white plates or trays without garnish or decoration
- The bread MUST be delivered to the venue on the date and time specified on the entry form. We advise putting the consignment on a timed delivery to ensure it arrives on time. Alternatively you may deliver your entries in person
- The bread must be baked ready for eating on arrival. Bread that is uncooked, damaged or technically unsafe will be rejected and therefore NOT judged
- All bread will be disposed of by the Organiser after the Event
- The Judges’ assessment notes will be passed on to the Entrants upon request, but are for the guidance of Entrants only and must not be made public or revealed to third parties
- Those Entrants winning awards may use the Tiptree World Bread Awards logo on products and in their own publicity. The logo may only be used for winning products and must mention the year of the award
- Judges may not submit entries for the competition
- No correspondence will be entered into after the competition
- The verdict of the Chairman of Judges is final